Forum home Wildlife gardening
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

First Wild Daffodil

This is the first Wild Daffodil Narcissus pseudonarcissus in my garden County Durham. Beautiful, and what a gorgeous scent. 

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Nice Jim 

Springimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Jim MacdJim Macd Posts: 750

Yeah! image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

I love the real wild daffodils - we had them on the farm when I was a child - I am going to get some for this garden, I am I am image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Lovely.  I must go up into the woods to look as there are loads of wild ones round here.

Dovefromabove wrote (see)

I love the real wild daffodils - we had them on the farm when I was a child - I am going to get some for this garden, I am I am image

You can buy them now 'in the green'. I got mine from Naturescape though they are a lot cheaper in Autumn. I first tried to buy them in Autumn when I moved in as, well, they're Daffs aren't they? Out of 220 I have one poking up out of the lawn. Needless to say I didn't buy anything from them again. So I bought in the green after that. I tend to buy some every year as I can never quite get my head around how many you need. I bought them in Autumn from Naturescape 500 bulbs for £89.00 and they seem to be doing well and it's much easier to plant them in autumn when you can just dig a hole and lob em in. image But if you can't wait then get ordering. image

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

They're much nicer and they have a gorgeous scent.