London (change)
Today 22°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 23°C / 15°C
7 messages
11/10/2012 at 22:33

coming home tonight l spoted some frogs which l have never seem in the whole time l have lived here has anyone seen any frogs it is more than likly that it is the rain that has brought them out

12/10/2012 at 05:51

Yes, ours always come out to enjoy the rain and hoover up earthworms and slugs.  

12/10/2012 at 18:57

Its not fair, I want some.

12/10/2012 at 20:00

Me too!  We used to have lots of frogs and the pond would be full of frogspawn every February but for the last 3 years we've had none.  Don't know what's going on

26/10/2012 at 14:25

I've got a black frog in my pond.  Because the pond is small, last winter the water froze with the snow, at that time, there were no frogs in it.  So in the next couple of days, I intend to empty the pond of water, catch the frog and give it to a neighbour who has a bigger pond.

26/10/2012 at 15:35

Caroline, has your pond become very overgrown? I have two ponds; the large one is very very full and in need of a complete overhaul - the frogs have refused to use it for the past three or so years. The smaller one is better balanced and heaving with mating frogs then frogspawn every year. There are bound to be other reasons but that's my two penn'orth. 

26/10/2012 at 16:51

acording to the frog internet most frogs spend winter in compost heaps or beneath mud as  becouse they can breath through their skin they can do this ,we have some around our compo heaps which we think are now asleep as we havnt seen them for some time, also they dont seem to spend as much time in ponds as we first thought they would pehaps more to the mating season maybe, were also luck enough to have some warty blackish toads who im told help keep the slugs down ,ours must be on diets ,

good luckAlan4711

email image
7 messages