41 to 60 of 70 messages
05/02/2013 at 11:02
Just checked Avaaz site. Here's an update.
"Our voices were heard! After we delivered the petition, the European Commission recommended suspending 3 deadly poisons! But some countries and pesticide companies could try to block it before the final vote. Let's build the buzz to get a full ban on all bee killing pesticides!"
Almost 2,500,000 signed so far, which is great but as its an international petition, still needs a boost. Thanks again folks. I had contacted some bee societies when this first came out and asked if they as individuals could sign this. If anybody can think of any other bodies please pass on the link. Every little helps.
05/02/2013 at 11:29

Thanks for the update, Irene Mac

21/02/2013 at 21:03

Got a hive oop t' 'lotty, and planning another. Insect box is ready, and a very good value for money ..........£3.00 for one of these is in Morrisons ! Could't make it yourself any cheaper !  Gunna get another I think !    Buzz on my little beauties!

21/02/2013 at 22:05
I was really miffed to find in my missives that I cannot keep bees on my property (nor rabbits, nor chickens) despite being out in the countryside. Some sad lawyer who's been stung in the past???
Thanks for the tip on Morrisons insect boxes. I've added that to the shopping list!
22/02/2013 at 18:57

Hi Irene ,your councils environment dept has no restrictions on any one keeping Rabbits, Chickens, or Bee's . so long as there feces does not annoy your neighbours oh and you dont keep a cockeral

22/02/2013 at 20:11
Our neighbours chickens stink (built beside our fence/house) and have a cockerel grrrr , but we are nice neighbours

Thanks for update. We have hives near by so I do try and plant for them to visit
22/02/2013 at 20:56

Hi Bunnysplanet, perhaps if you were to ask them for the chicken droppings to compost

it makes good fertilizer ,

Derek

22/02/2013 at 21:09
I fear my dog would eat them along with everything else , as yet she hasnt attempted to get under fence to play ....we bought plot of land off them to build so know them well but keep our distance .
22/02/2013 at 22:10

old garden saying "High Fences make good neighbours "

Derek

22/02/2013 at 22:41
We built a 6ft one between us
13/03/2013 at 22:41
Hi Irene Mac,
Have just had another email from Azaac. Tomorrow is the deadline for
signing the petition (14/03/13). The pressure is still on the EU Commission
as Bayer are fighting back hard. I hope many more people will sign the
petition - I've just emailed ten of my friends to ask them to sign it. Let's
hope the EU Commission win this one - otherwise heaven only knows
what will happen to the bees!
13/03/2013 at 22:46

I've signed up

14/03/2013 at 15:06

Our bees are dying, but the environment minister is turning his back on them. Tomorrow, there’s an important vote in Europe, which could stop the use of the pesticides that scientists think are responsible for killing our bees. But Owen Paterson, the environment minister, is planning on scuppering the plans.

If Owen gets bombarded by calls from his fellow MPs today and tomorrow morning, we can persuade him to change his mind and back the vote to protect our bees.

Can you write to your MP and ask them to contact Owen Paterson as soon as possible and ask him to vote to suspend the use of the pesticides?
http://secure.38degrees.org.uk/bees-emergency?js=false&zip=NE6%2061AF

14/03/2013 at 23:03
Have just emailed my MP re this. Hope Owen Paterson does a U-turn
on this one!
14/03/2013 at 23:48

Thanks for your particpation WAF. The more the better from whichever direction or petition one comes from.

15/03/2013 at 08:41

All signed here

15/03/2013 at 08:56

Signed too but via a friend on Facebook, signed last year too.

15/03/2013 at 21:59
Latest from Avaaz - Today the European proposal to protect bees from toxic pesticides failed to gain a majority. But the European Commission will appeal the decision and can still get it adopted! This week we got Spain on our side, let's keep up the pressure on Germany, the UK and other countries who abstained or opposed today.

On their site there's a section to email the secretary of state at DEFRA. I added my tuppence worth in a short email. I'm getting very stroppy in my old age but these people are accountable, or should be.
28/03/2013 at 09:12

An article about new research concerning Neonicotinoid pesticides was published on the BBC website yesterday....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21958547

28/03/2013 at 10:54
Irene Mac wrote (see)
I was really miffed to find in my missives that I cannot keep bees on my property (nor rabbits, nor chickens) despite being out in the countryside. Some sad lawyer who's been stung in the past???
Thanks for the tip on Morrisons insect boxes. I've added that to the shopping list!

WHY DO YOU KEEP TELLING THIS BLATENT LIE ?????????????

Derek

ps To all other posters I am sorry for the use of capital letters but this person keeps saying the

sane shite

Derek

41 to 60 of 70 messages