Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 100 replies

Hi All,

Welcome to the Snail Lover's Society on Gardeners' World Forum. 

The aim of the Society is to widen the appreciation of our much maligned gastropods amongst our friends here on the Forum. 

Benefits of Membership 

All members will get the opportunity to converse with like-minded people upon the subject of snails, contribute knowledge and learn more about their favourite creatures.

How to Join

Membership is free.

To join, simply make a post on this thread stating that you wish to join the Snail Lover's Society.

Membership Code of Conduct

Contribution of any facts and information related to snails is encouraged.

All contributions must be relevant to the aim of the Society.

Contributions must not contain anything that is objectionable, offensive, abusive, inflammatory, threatening, defamatory, hateful or discriminatory against snails.

Any material advocating the killing or otherwise harming of snails is unacceptable.

How the Society was founded

To find out how the Society started, read this thread:

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/problem-solving/opinion-on-treading-on-snails-to-kill-them/1008530.html

Thanks to anne1990 for starting the thread which gave me the whole crazy idea!!

It's just a bit of fun really - don't get taking it too seriously now will you? 

The Society looks forward to receiving its first members in due course.

With best wishes

pbff 

Last edited: 08 December 2017 10:18:43

Who could fail to love a snail? 

nutcutlet

I'm in if slugs are welcome as well

A Snail is for life, not just Christmas!! I get so many in my garden I worry that they are trying to take over the world. If this is part of their evil plan, I would rather be on their side, so can I join please?

Nutcutlet - yes, slugs are welcome too, so I gather we can count you in as a member? 

Linda - love your post! Welcome to the Society 

Advertisement

Dovefromabove

My friend the song thrush just loves snails and wants to join your club

Last edited: 08 December 2017 11:07:11

Lyn

I had a snail for a pet, a huge African Land Snail, wouldn’t want him eating plants in the garden though.

you could actually hear him eating munching on his veg. 

This is a google picture as mine are all on laptop and I can’t be bothered to boot up.😀

Dove - don't think that your songthrush will be allowed to join - not unless it turns vegetarian!

Lyn - beautiful snail - hope you post some photos of your own snail sometime.

There are some slimy characters on the Forum - we're working to find them all out!

I take it you don't wish to join our Society greenfingers steve

pbff

Hi 

I think I will delay my membership. The slug and the Lilly beatle have been my main nemesis's and they will never be on my christmas card list. But, as the hymn goes "All things bright and beautiful all creatures great and small" . So they may have a right and a reason to be part of natures rich tapestry. But that appreciation ends when all my efforts to protect my plants goes out the window

Happy gardening to all and a very Merry Christmas to all (except slugs) 😀😀

Ah, well Steve...if ever you change your mind you know where to come.

We can even send you some slugs and snails by post, as a new member gift, if you like. 

Who could ask for more?

If you want to talk about your problem, we're always here to help!!

B3

I feel a bit guilty when I squash them and I never torture them to death with salt.

Perhaps l could be an associate member?

Kitty 2

Love it pbff .  Don't have any photos to share yet.  I have loads of those little "humbug looking" snails from Dove's pic in my garden, along with larger brown shelled ones. 

It will be interesting to see what everybody's got around the country.

Lyn, I remember you posting about your snail, he was a magnificent beast 👍.

B3 and Kitty - welcome to the Snail Lover's Society. 

Hope you enjoy being members!

Last edited: 08 December 2017 13:06:45

josusa47
greenfingers steve says:

pbff

Hi 

I think I will delay my membership. The slug and the Lilly beatle have been my main nemesis's and they will never be on my christmas card list. But, as the hymn goes "All things bright and beautiful all creatures great and small" . So they may have a right and a reason to be part of natures rich tapestry. But that appreciation ends when all my efforts to protect my plants goes out the window

Happy gardening to all and a very Merry Christmas to all (except slugs) 😀😀

See original post

Thank you Steve for putting me right on the words.  All these years I've been singing "All creatures grunt and smell".

Advertisement

pansyface

MY FRIEND BRIAN SAYS HELLO.

Hello Brian - does your friend PF want to join the Snail Society? 

pansyface

YETH PLEETH. (THLUGTH AND THNAILTH ALL THPEAK WITH A LITHP).

I'm in too pbff .  Jeremy and his mate will be proud of you

Lyn

I do have pictures of my snail, sadly died, but not in vain, his shell is used as an ornament down by the pond, I have seen tadpoles in there sheltering,