London (change)
Today 23°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 21°C / 14°C
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Edd
26/03/2014 at 17:21

See Magical Meerkat. This is how other threads start

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/buried-treasure/277795.html

I bet you picked it up? ( the coin not the scat ) 

Interest rates are so low and the Government debt so high???? 

Anyhow that is not gardening.

fidgetbones. I am impressed, you poke your own poo too!!!!

Isn't it amazing. I get mine under the microscope. Do you want pictures???

LOL.

26/03/2014 at 18:20

Part of a marine biology course. We spent a week on the isle of mull looking for otters. In February. I was cold from the time we left Nottingham, until we got back a week later.  Dissecting otter spraints was only one of the things we did. Then on the last day, the landlady at the pub, said that if we wanted to find otters, to look behind Tobermory distillery in the evening. This  was after we had walked most of the island and crawled around the beaches. A little local knowledge goes a long way.....

Edd
26/03/2014 at 21:50

I bet she had you walking the whole island in a wet suit and the distillery was just a myth. ( but how the locals laughed.)

What! after all that local info you still could not find Balamory!!! They saw you coming!!!!

Lol. Edd. 

26/03/2014 at 22:07

In a wet suit... don't be silly. I had a set of thermal underwear, a quilted undersuit and a membrane dry suit with built in wellies and two pairs of socks on. Topped off with a padded jacket just to be on the safe side... and a woolly hat.

26/03/2014 at 22:10

Sorry, I think we're going a bit off topic. But I'm not the sort of girl who goes up a mountain in crocs.  I don't go to work  on a freezing cold day without a fully charged phone, a flask of hot coffee, warm clothing, wellies, and a snow shovel.

29/03/2014 at 18:14

Well poo update for you all. I put a small dish of peanuts and dish of water out every night since finding the poo and the peanuts are all gone and I have 2 more poos.

So looks like the hog is loitering around for a bit, so tonight is going to be hedgehog watching night! Will let you know if we spot him/her.

31/03/2014 at 09:46

I saw the cheeky chappy last night, it was fantastic, he scurried across the lawn and ate some peanuts. Shall treat him with some meal worms tonight. Thank you so much with your id help. Wildlife gardening it truly amazing.

P.s this was the first time I've ever seen a hedgehog.

31/03/2014 at 09:52

I knew someone who put salted peanuts out. OMG, as the young people say.

31/03/2014 at 11:13

I put out ready made hedgehog food which looks like cat biscuits with the catchy title of ...'The Right Food For ...Hedgehogs'  which is very popular with my hedgehogs. Available from big branches of Tescos and Wilkos.

31/03/2014 at 11:20

Yep don't worry I gave him un salted peanuts. Might take a gander in wilkos later.

email image
21 to 30 of 30 messages