Forum home Wildlife gardening
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

wild flowers

What a lovely bank holiday weekend  just right for a walk in the countryside. The verges are full of wild flowers a month early. Comfrey and mustard are flowering and all those flowers we call weeds look stunning ,nature knows just how to do it! The trees  such as horse chestnut are flowering and look as thou they have candles .wonderful to see nature at its best ,lets hope it stays for awhile.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

cow parsley as well, lovely plant.

I could walk along that trackimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • flowering roseflowering rose Posts: 1,632

it is truly a lovely place to walk , along a river and through apple orchards .Its where we walked our dogs until recently one had to be put sleep and the other is an old boy too and can no longer walk far. but we do walk here on our own now and enjoy the countryside.image

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,276

Am I right in thinking Cow Parsley is the same as Kek? We call it Kek around here and in May the country lanes are lined with its gorgeous white blooms image

Cow parsley is Anthriscus sylvestris, is that Kek? My neighbour calls something kek but it's not cow parsley. My neighbour has some funny words, he kept talking about goom. Took me weeks to find out it was geumimage

oops I spelt it kek when google says its 'keck'.Yes cow parsley also known as wild chervil,wild beaked parsley,keck or Queen Anne's Lace

Queen Anne's Lace is most descriptive. I think I'll use that name from nowimage

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Much more elegant than cow parsleyimage

or Keckimage

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Lolimageimage

lol no Keck is not a very elegant name is it.My Dad who is 84 always called it this,perhaps it is a localised name (Northamptonshire)