So here I go again'
or as a Slide show
I could even name some of the flowers........if I really tried. If not I am sure Nutcutlet can do it for me.
I have removed the closing mechanism on my secateurs so they have to be stored open. Being left handed I got sick and tired of them locking shut every time I used them. One just has to learn to be careful where one leaves them.
The yellow flowered alpine Achillea has much bigger and hairier leaves than the plant shown. However it could still be an Achillea, the test is if the leaves are scented.
Still not able to see the image.
It is not going to be a quick fix, no matter what you use. I started killing the stuff 3 years ago on the road side near us, as it was obscuring the blind bend. I noticed today that they are new shoots appearing on it. I used Brushwood killer too!
One of the scale insects. The cotton is actually wax which makes them impervious to water. You need to use a horticultural soap to dissolve the wax and then the insecticide part can kill them. Brushing gently with soapy water also works, as does dabbing each one with methylated spirits. Depends on how many there are on the bushes.
Very successful, but you do need to move the cuttings out as soon as they are rooted. I pot them up into a very gritty compost (peat free plus 50% crushed ceramic material). Don't forget though that I only propagate rock garden plants from cuttings.
Not in the least, use which ever is successful for you. I do cuttings in pure sharp sand,no perlite, vermiculite or compost at all. Works for me.
Unfortunately it will not let me see the larger version of the images. But from a distance they look more like P. japonica alba.
I wouldn't, not yet.. scrape the top 2 inches off and replenish with fresh and feed with a general purpose fertiliser to see what happens.