Posted: 18/05/2015 at 16:20
1. What medium to use. Damp compost mixed with perlite and vermiculite or grit.
2. How do we know, that 6 weeks is enough? Should the seeds start to grow while in the fridge?
Sometimes they will germinate in the fridge. 1-3C for 6 weeks in damp soil is normally a decent time for seeds to break dormancy.
3. How can we pack them, when we send them to our customers. Will they need air or they will be fine in an airless bag for some days?
Those little plastic bags are fine: most places use them or stamp bags which are greased paper.
4. Should they be wet, or it is fine to be dry for some days?
Damp soil - not wet and dry will stop the dormancy period from happening.
5. Should they be watered after sowing and how actually to sow them?
No, damp soil is damp to the touch: they have no roots so if you water too much you will have rotten seeds. I normally fill up a 9cm or 1 litre pot with compost then place the stratified seeds on top and then leave outside until they germinate. As long as they do not dry out they will be fine.