Posted: 23/08/2017 at 13:02
Thanks for the rosette, Fairy, very pretty.
Liri, most of the questions came from t'Internet. But if you'd like a look this is it. Not hard, but there was a question that no one knew!
1. Which flowers were once known as gillyflowers?
2. Which tree was traditionally planted in graveyards and is associated with eternity?
3. What colour is the flower speedwell?
4. Which flowering plant takes its name from the Greek word for a rainbow?
5. What were brought to Britain from Germany by Sir Charles Isham in 1847?
6. Which king created the Hanging Gardens of Babylon?
7. Who often designed the gardens for buildings designed by Sir Edward Lutyens, who designed her house at Munstead Wood near Godalming?
8. What is the name for sculpting hedges?
9. Which part of a tree can be used to make cork?
10. What is the popular name for the Antirrhinum?
11. Which liquid does a flower, to attract insects, produce?
12. Harry Wheatcroft was a renowned breeder of what?
13. What is another name for the Rowan Tree?
14. The Death Cap is the most poisonous variety of what?
15. What is the popular name for the flowering plant Impatiens Walleriana?
16. Helianthus is another name for which flower?
17. What has varieties beefsteak, plum and cherry?
18. Most species of eucalyptus are native to which country?
19. What yellow flowering tree is poisonous?
20. Which flower once caused a huge panic and made many people bankrupt?