Posted: 25/01/2015 at 13:11
Careful there, Cherry. Trying to deter cats from digging up your bulbs, shitting all over your garden and torturing endangered native songbirds to death may yet be illegal.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/a-manifesto-for-cats-cat-charity-to-launch-its-10point-proposal-at-the-house-of-commons-9981412.html Cat Manifesto: The key points
- Compulsory microchipping of owned cats
- A national database of cats entering the UK legally so those entering illegally without a rabies vaccination can be identified without delay
- Updating the DangerousDogs Act to allow prosecution of owners whose dogs attack cats
- Inclusion of animal welfare in the National Curriculum
- Clear labelling of flowers, plants and household products that are toxic to cats
- Outright ban on snares
- Stricter regulation on the ownership of air guns and crossbows
So ... "animal welfare" campaigners want to ban me from killing rats with a clean headshot each? Coming next, a ban on bird feeder poles more than 4' high ...