Posted: Yesterday at 13:17
Karen, your first picture shows classic signs of a bacterial infection not insect damage. Your last picture seems to show an infection with fungal spores (the brown spots) on the underside of the leaf.
I seriously doubt it's insect damage. The other young plants you describe could be being eaten by rabbits. They will feed on young laurel.
In all I'd say you have a combination of problems, some slug damage, rabbit damage and a bacterial infection.
The rabbits and slugs you can tackle, the bacterial infection you can't.
It could be the new plants you planted were already infected when you bought them.
The good news is, if you can control the rabbit and slug damage, the laurel will recover from the bacterial infection when it starts to get going later in the month and the weather improves.
One thing I would do is get some nematodes for vine weevil and water them in as an insurance policy.