Posted: 05/03/2013 at 06:31
Oh dear, a dangerous failure to understand written English by Jon Cob.
All parts of the tulib contain toxins
"When humans consume tulip bulbs they often experience dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, extreme abdominal pain and excessive salivation. Convulsions and coma may occur with death following."
Read more: Tulip Bulb Toxicity | Garden Guides http://www.gardenguides.com/128031-tulip-bulb-toxicity.html#ixzz2MdyevNts
I do hope you haven't followed your own advice Jon cob - and I do hope that your dangerous lack of knowledge hasn't lead someone else to try eating tulip bulbs.
You are correct in one respect - starvation did result in some people trying to eat tulip bulbs during WW2 - however the results were tragic.!