Posted: 24/08/2015 at 14:28
Foxgloves may be toxic but they're not dangerous! I have them all over my garden. I spent my childhood running around my granny's woodland garden with foxglove flowers on my fingers (Little Folk's Gloves = Fairy's Gloves).
They will not harm your cats. By the time your children are old enough to be in the garden unsupervised they will be old enough to know they mustn't eat things in the garden without asking, and to wash their hands when the come in from playing in the garden.
I garden without gloves and handle foxgloves every day. There are many things more dangerous than foxgloves in most gardens - potato leaves and fruits are poisonous so are rhubarb leaves to name just two, but they're in most gardens and no one dies or is even ill.
Sensible education of children is the way to go.
The new garden sounds fantastic - if you buy it we'd love to see some pics