Posted: 05/12/2012 at 18:04
Well here's how far we have got with the tyre planters at Sholing.
- Took the tyres to the station
- Made the ground ready for the planters to sit on
- put in place (Few people wondering, by the looks on their faces, what we were doing) they did not talk to us though
- Then tricky part - filling with soil - quite a big thing to do, as station has a slope to the entrance to the platforms.
- So the free topsoil that I nicely dug up out of a ladys garden into bags was in the car but had to get to the platform
- With a small half size skate board and 2 x plant pot wheelers ready to help us we put the bags of soil on them and pulled them down the slope (or got pulled down the slope ourselves as some of the heavier bags do go down faster that the smaller ones).
- Only managed 3 bags at a time but that was enough when they want to go different ways.
- Soil put into planters, heavy lifting up to planters but did it. Breaking up the soil making it level with a trowel as we filled the planters.
- One done ,Two done................and then another day later and lots of back pain three done this day...................Five done all together.
- Took for some pictures so here they are
One large planter with wheel rim still in now you can see as the stand of the planter.
The tyre that we managed to turn inside out with the same petal pattern
The three tyres that we did another day two turned inside out whith the inner rims cut out to be able to turn them and one just with the top cut off to make planter larger.
Not painted them yet, not sure if going to - have to wait till dryer weather
Hope you enjoyed the reading and the photos?
What do you think? Do you like tyre planters?
I think this is a good work out