Posted: 07/03/2013 at 19:18
Well this week I have
1.Done the first lawn cut, didnt re-edge it though as ground was so hard after nearly 3+ weeks without rain, that would've hurt to do it. I ached enough anyway.
2. Cleaned out the majority of back patio slab cracks. I allow lots of self-seeders, but there is a limit. Think I last did it properly in 010! The bottom patio & path still to do. It's a crawling on your knees job- double kneeler used.
3.Started to repot/cull the house plants. Listed the ones need to send with daughter. Really must sort out the pot covers too- job for sometime next week I think when too cold to do much else.
4.Emptied out a layer of the wormery & then re-set it up. Put the resulting compost onto this yrs veg bed for the worms there to do their bit. Saves digging.
5. Had lunch/coffees sat outside on 2 days. Even sat out with a good book one afternoon.
6. Went shopping locally & took loads to the charity shop. Organised an appointment at Bank for next week.
7. Had an old friend from my childhood village phone- lots of chat/advice there. I will get down to WMidlands to give support in the near future.
8. Finally got a cold-caller to actually talk to me when he finally accepted that OH not available. Peace now reigns. OH managed to do a 'silent' call to our land line t'other day. So used my mobile, & credit!, to phone the factory to get him to sort it out. Not a happy bunny OH!
9. Took another friend out today for her birthday. Another GC after a quick shop for us both at a Morrisons en-route, she doesnt drive. Went the 'pretty' way round Bolton oops, will know better next time.
10. Managed to do my 'quick' clean up around the house as well today. Now need to sort out what daughter needs to take for her bed making at her house. She's planning to be there over the w/end. If I see another paint/fabric sample I shall SCREAM!! Apparently it's Dunelm & Laura Ashley on Tuesday..... Think it's my turn to buy the meal out.
Next week I think, at the mo, Monday & Thursday are 'free'..... but that could all change.
So life rather busy. Quite glad that this w/end shant need to do any gardening up at daughter's.
The dahlias are starting, as are some pots of sweetpeas. No rush to do anything else yet though. J.