Posted: 12/07/2013 at 19:20
The answers to my first post were so helpful (thank you!) that I'm posting a few other things I can identify. Any ideas gratefully received! (My pics always seem to post on the side, so apologies for that.)
1) Large bush, probably at leats 6ft tall. Beautiful clusters of tiny blue flowers. It grows in quite a shady spot, with lots of aquilegia unedrneath it.
2) My mum thought this might be a dogwood, but after looking it up I don't think so:
3) Small tree / tall shrub in a partially shaded spot:
4) Bushy thing in a sunny spot. I thought it might be a berberis of some kind, but it doesn't have any spikes - does it need to? The leaves have all curled a bit round the edges, not sure if that will help ID it or if that's down to something I've done!
5) Finally, something I almost managed to kill by hard pruning it in the winter when it looked like dead wood (didn't realise this was a silly thing to do...). It's trying hard to come back, bless it. Don't know if anyone can ID it from the very limited pic and only one flower, but I thought knowing what it is might help me rescue it!
Thanks for looking!