Posted: 28/10/2012 at 12:57
JUst dry them off, When they are dry and the foliage ahs wilted it will break off at the corm. I then get as much compost as possible off, check for grubs. To prevent fungus infection you can shake a little yellow sulphur on them. I line a box/seed tray with newspaper, space them out on tray , then tuck them up with more newspaper and keep them in a frost free place - garage shelf. Usually i forget about them, based on fact less I interfere the more likely they are to grow!!
The horrible red thing is lily beetle, its griubs also lodge in the lily bulbs.