Posted: 04/04/2015 at 19:55
I have a clematis montana that is suffering. It has this gooey, white sludge at its base, and a little bit of fluffy white mould on about 5 inches of the branches higher up.
I checked it over because I noticed it wasn't budding any green leaves like my other clematis is. There are some small, brown buds on the stems, but they look a bit dead. I broke open a couple of the smaller branches, and they were still green inside. What should I do? Worth a spray or not? And what sort of spray? I can't find anything on the web about gooey mould, only powdery mould!