Posted: 14/05/2017 at 14:52
For those who were following this saga, just thought I'd offer a final update.
Having had 2 cams from the supplier and trying everything under the sun ( or moon in this case ) to get them to work on a consistent basis, I gave up. Far too frustrating.
I have to give the supplier - Laptops Direct - credit for the way in which they dealt with the problem and can report that I received a refund (minus P&P costs). I also learned that they had received similar complaints from other purchasers and they were contacting the cam manufacturers.
Longer days mean I can just revert to hanging around the garden at night with a camera to catch my visitors. Still love to know where they are entering/exiting garden tho and there is a limit to how long I can sit with my camera in one place