Posted: 24/04/2016 at 16:37
Is there actually a difference between "toxic" and "poisonous" ? I'm not trying to be facetious but various plants are described as being one or the other or even both.
Digitalis is well known.....refined it is a useful drug but ingested in the raw state not so good obviously.
I'd always believed most animals knew which plants to avoid but I did once have a tortoise which would eat foxglove leaves and another which ate daffodil leaves. Neither succombed and still alive and well.
There have been a few new threads where people worry about what they are growing in their garden but it seems a rare occurrence that sudden death can be pinned down to plants.
One for you Puncdoc if you would be so kind ? Glad to see you back BTW.