Posted: 25/06/2013 at 06:57
There was a lady bitten last week in Devon and she had to spend three days in hospital. they said the poison was stronger this time of year. She said it was her own fault as she was wearing flip flops walking over moorland.
Usually they get out of way but sadly sometimes dogs can surprise them and get bitten.
My son was strimming a rough area two years ago when he thought he'd been scratched by thorns when he saw a snake slithering away. He was wearing jeans and it was later in the year so he had nothing worse than a bruise for a week or two.