Posted: 19/07/2012 at 17:25
I need some advice before I have just soggy stalks in place of my regale lilies! I have never had as much trouble as I have this year from this beetle (and such a pretty thing too!!)
And, I presume its the larvae? Slug like in looks and feel, urghh !
On a recent tv gardening program, a lady who grew lilies commercially, advised a spray of garlic 'juice'. She didn't say any more than that so I don't know quantities or how to make up? Would growing galic near the lilies do the same? Has anyone here any useful ways of keeping the critters down, organically, please?