Posted: 26/03/2014 at 15:09
My two pennies worth.
I would not use ash from any treated timber ESP in veg or fruit patch. Not too happy with treated fences anyway near edible crops.
As a layman, my instincts tell me poisons and chemicals in the wood would be released into the atmosphere at the burning stage. Possibly such elements would be deposited onto the soil. I remember burning old wicker rocking chair once and the fumes were bad.
My veg amd fruit patch is as healthy and free from toxins as possible so, as I'm doubtful, I don't do it.