Posted: 18/09/2013 at 20:53
Actually not asleep, but having a running battle with Local MP over future of rural post offices, against the background of the privatisation of Royal Mail.
1. Sent email to register my opposition to the privatisation and my fears about local post offices.
2 As expected got standard answer, probably produced by Central Office and sent to everyone complaining. No mention of post offices.
3. Sent new email asking for specific response to my post office Qs
4. reply "noted" my email.
5. Sent third email stating I wasn't surprised at the first "standard" response but I was very unhappy that my post office point reained unanswered ( I am involved with the village PO which runs at a loss, only subsidised by the regular shop business... over the years we have lost pensions, TV liceneces and Road Fund licences).
6. Reply mistakenly claimed I had suggested PO was for sale as is RM. Also sent copy of article in local paper about PO. Still no attempt to answer my specific Qs
7. Sent further email detailing the challenge for rural POs and reminding him that he is MP for a largely rural constituency and asked what specifically is he going to do about this problem?
so far silence, perhaps I have struck a chord. So far "off" and "fobbed" come to mind, so why should I not persist for a bit longer?