- Botanical name: Arisaema speciosum
- Common name: Cobra lily
- Plant type: Bulb
- Features: Dramatic foliage, Flowers
Arisaema speciosum is a tender, tuberous perennial native to the eastern Himalayas. It has a mottled stem with usually a solitary, palmate leaf and a hooded, white-striped, purple spathe. It grows from fat, knobbly tubers, which are best planted singly in large pots for stability.
For best results grow Arisaema speciosum in a very sheltered spot in moist but well-drained soil. In colder regions, grow in pots which you can move indoors in autumn.
- Sun exposure: Dappled shade, Partial shade
- Aspect: North facing, East facing, South facing, West facing
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Chalky/alkaline, Boggy
Effects:Harmful if ingested, Purgative if ingested