- Botanical name: Armeria maritima
- Common name: Sea thrift
- Plant type: Perennial
- Features: Attractive to wildlife, Flowers
Sea thrift, Armeria maritima, is typically found growing on cliffs and seashores, but also makes a pretty garden flower. A compact, evergreen perennial, it forms low clumps from which long stems of soft pink blooms emerge in summer. It's easy to grow and makes a good rockery plant. Its blooms are attractive to bees and make a pretty cut flower.
Grow Armeria maritima in poor, well-drained soil in full sun. Deadhead spent blooms to prolong flowering.
- Sun exposure: Full sun
- Aspect: South facing, West facing
- Position in border: Front
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Maintenance: Needs regular watering in pots
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist
- Wildlife features: Nectar/pollen rich flowers
Effects:No toxic effects reported for this plant.