- Botanical name: Cercidiphyllum japonicum
- Plant type: Shrub
- Evergreen/Deciduous: Deciduous
- Features: Autumn colour, Flowers
Cercidiphyllum japonicum is an unusual but easily grown tree bearing heart-shaped green leaves that turn a rich orange and pink in autumn. Its fallen leaves give off a pleasant aroma of candyfloss.
Cercidiphyllum japonicum flowers just before the leaves emerge, but these are fairly insignificant. For best results grow in a sheltered spot in moisture-retentive soil, in full sun to partial shade.
- Sun exposure: Full sun, Dappled shade
- Aspect: South facing, West facing
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Soil type: Clay/heavy/moist, Acidic
Effects:No toxic effects reported for this plant.