- Botanical name: Clematis 'Multi Blue'
- Common name: Clematis
- Plant type: Climber
- Evergreen/Deciduous: Deciduous
- Features: Flowers
Clematis 'Multi Blue' bears attractive navy blue, double or semi-double flowers throughout summer. It's a compact clematis, making it ideal for growing at the front of a border, in smaller gardens and containers.
For best results grow in moist but well-drained soil in sun to partial shade, ideally with the roots shaded by other plants or keept cool and moist under a large brick or piece of slate. Falling into Pruning Group Two, Clematis 'Multi Blue' needs very little pruning – simply cut plants back, removing damaged, dead or weak stems, before they start into active growth in spring, and again in early summer after the first flush of flowers.
- Sun exposure: Full sun, Dappled shade
- Aspect: South facing, West facing
- Position in border: Middle, Back
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Maintenance: Prefers rich soil
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist, Chalky/alkaline
Effects:Purgative if ingested