- Botanical name: Clematis 'Polish Spirit'
- Common name: Clematis
- Plant type: Climber
- Evergreen/Deciduous: Deciduous
- Features: Flowers
Clematis 'Polish Spirit' bears rich purple-blue flowers from mid-summer to early autumn. Growth is very vigorous and the plant retains its foliage well throughout the season. It's perfect for growing up a trellis or fence, and may also be trained to scramble through trees and shrubs. A viticella clematis, it shows good resistance to clematis wilt.
Grow Clematis 'Polish Spirit' in moist but well-drained soil in full sun to partial shade. As with all late-flowering clematis, pruning is easy: simply cut stems back to the lowest pair of buds in February or March.
- Sun exposure: Full sun, Dappled shade
- Aspect: South facing, West facing
- Position in border: Middle, Back
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Maintenance: Prefers rich soil
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist, Chalky/alkaline
Effects:Purgative if ingested