- Botanical name: Cyclamen coum
- Common name: Cyclamen
- Plant type: Bulb
- Features: Flowers
Hardy cyclamen, Cyclamen coum is a pretty hardy perennial, bearing delicate silver-lined dark green leaves and dainty blooms in shades of white, pink and red, from late winter to early spring. It's perfect for growing at the base of small shrubs and trees, and naturalising in grass.
For best results grow Cyclamen coum in humus-rich soil in partial shade. Mulch annually with well-rotted leaf mould to prevent the tubers from drying out in summer, and from winter cold. The Royal Horticultural Society has given it its prestigious Award of Garden Merit (AGM).
- Sun exposure: Dappled shade, Partial shade, Full shade
- Aspect: North facing, East facing, South facing, West facing
- Position in border: Front
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist, Chalky/alkaline, Acidic
Effects:Purgative if ingested