- Botanical name: Eucomis comosa 'Sparkling Burgundy'
- Common name: Pineapple lily
- Plant type: Bulb
- Features: Attractive seed-heads, Dramatic foliage, Flowers
Pineapple lily Eucomis comosa Sparkling Burgundy' bears a rosette of reddish-puple, strappy leaves, from which purple-tinged flowers are borne on an erect, purple stem.It's ideal for growing as summer bedding in a sheltered, sunny border, and is also well suited to growing in containers on a sunny patio, or indoors in the conservatory.
Despite its tenderness, Eucomis comosa Sparkling Burgundy' is easy to grow. Plant bulbs in pots in spring and move outside once all danger of frost has passed. Water frequently in dry weather. Dig up bulbs or move pots indoors in autumn and keep dry until the following spring.
- Sun exposure: Full sun
- Aspect: South facing, West facing
- Hardiness: Half hardy
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist
Effects:No toxic effects reported for this plant.