- Botanical name: Fuchsia 'President'
- Common name: Fuchsia
- Plant type: Shrub
- Features: Flowers
Fuchsias are a popular choice for summer bedding schemes and containers, due to their attractive, usually pendent flowers from summer to autumn. Some are hardy enough to be used in perennial planting schemes, and may even be clipped into a low-growing hedge.
Fuchsia 'President' bears masses of flowers with pink sepals and a single, purple to reddish-purple corolla (skirt). It's well-suited to growing in a mixed border and in mild regions makes a fine hedge.
Like all fuchsias, Fuchsia 'President' thrives in fertile, moist but well-drained soil, in a sheltered spot in partial shade. For best results, grow in a sheltered spot away from cold winter winds, and mulch the roots with a thick dressing of well-rotted manure or compost in autumn.
- Sun exposure: Full sun, Dappled shade, Partial shade, Full shade
- Aspect: North facing, East facing, South facing, West facing
- Position in border: Middle
- Hardiness: Tender
- Maintenance: Prefers rich soil
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist, Chalky/alkaline, Acidic
- Wildlife features: Nectar/pollen rich flowers, Caterpillar food plant
Effects:No toxic effects reported for this plant.