- Botanical name: Gladiolus 'Happy Weekend'
- Common name: Gladioli
- Plant type: Bulb
- Features: Flowers
Gladioli are popular garden plants, bearing long, pointed leaves from which tall flower spikes emerge in summer. They're perfect for growing in a sunny herbaceous border and make excellent cut flowers.
Gladiolus 'Happy Weekend' produces tall spikes of apricot flowers. For best results grow in well-drained soil in full sun. Water well during the growing season and stake plants before the flower spike emerges. Hailing from the Mediterranean region, Gladiolus 'Happy Weekend' is frost tender. Lift the corms each autumn and overwinter them in frost-free conditions.
- Sun exposure: Full sun
- Aspect: South facing, West facing
- Position in border: Middle
- Hardiness: Half hardy
- Maintenance: Prefers rich soil
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist, Chalky/alkaline, Acidic
Effects:Purgative if ingested