- Botanical name: Phaseolus coccineus 'White Lady'
- Common name: Runner bean
- Plant type: Vegetable
Runner beans are incredibly easy to grow, bearing masses of long, sweet-tasting beans all summer long. There's a huge range of cultivars to choose from, bearing red, white or bi-coloured flowers, adding to their ornamental value.
Phaseolus coccineus 'White Lady' bears pure white flowers and long, mid-green, stringless pods with white seeds. The Royal Horticultural Society has given it its prestigious Award of Garden Merit.
For the heaviest crops, grow Phaseolus coccineus 'White Lady' in a sunny, sheltered spot and add plenty of well-rotted manure to the soil before planting.
- Sun exposure: Full sun
- Aspect: South facing, West facing
- Hardiness: Tender
- Maintenance: Prefers rich soil
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist
- Wildlife features: Nectar/pollen rich flowers
Effects:No toxic effects reported for this plant.