- Botanical name: Tulipa 'Apricot Beauty'
- Common name: Tulip
- Plant type: Bulb
- Features: Flowers
Tulipa 'Apricot Beauty' bears single, cup-shaped, early flowers in a delicate salmon-pink with orange margins, fading to soft, sunset tones just before the petals fall. A compact tulip, it grows only to 35cm tall and is ideal for forcing for an indoor display, or planted in containers on the patio.
For best results grow Tulipa 'Apricot Beauty' in moist but well-drained soil in full sun. Plant bulbs in November. Once they have flowered, water regularly and remove blooms as they fade to prevent plants wasting energy setting seed.
- Sun exposure: Full sun
- Aspect: South facing, West facing
- Position in border: Front, Middle
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Maintenance: Prefers rich soil
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist, Chalky/alkaline
Effects:Purgative if ingested