- Botanical name: Tulipa 'Pinocchio'
- Common name: Tulip
- Plant type: Bulb
- Features: Flowers
Tulipa 'Pinocchio' is a dwarf tulip, perfect for planting in the rockery or in containers. It produces bright scarlet red flowers with cream edges, above unusual purple-marked leaves, in April and May.
For best results grow Tulipa 'Pinocchio' in moist but well-drained soil in full sun. Plant bulbs in November. Once they have flowered, water regularly and remove blooms as they fade to prevent plants wasting energy setting seed.
- Sun exposure: Full sun
- Aspect: South facing, West facing
- Position in border: Front, Middle
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Maintenance: Prefers rich soil, Succeeds on poor soil
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy
Effects:Purgative if ingested