- Botanical name: Tulipa 'Spring Green'
- Common name: Tulip
- Plant type: Bulb
- Features: Flowers
Tulipa 'Spring Green' has interesting green flowers with a broad white edge at the tips. It's perfect for growing among darker-flowered tulips and in spring container displays, and makes an interesting cut flower. The Royal Horticultural Society has given it its prestigious Award of Garden Merit (AGM).
Grow Tulipa 'Spring Green' in moist but well-drained soil in full sun. To encourage flowering the following year, deadhead spent blooms to prevent the bulb using its energy on producing seed, and feed with a high-potash fertiliser. Allow foliage to fully die down after flowering. Alternatively, treat as an annual.
- Sun exposure: Full sun
- Aspect: South facing, West facing
- Position in border: Front, Middle
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Maintenance: Prefers rich soil
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist, Chalky/alkaline
Effects:Purgative if ingested