Summer nights were made for sleeping under the stars. Spotting wildlife is all part of the experience, so it pays to be prepared for rain or shine, with the right clothes and kit.
The RSPB's Big Wild Sleepout is all about encouraging children and their families across the UK to go on a mini-adventure, get wild and discover what goes bump in the night with the amazing nocturnal wildlife on their doorstep – this year taking place 28-30 July. Whether you pitch a tent, build a shelter or simply sleep in the open air, the Big Wild Sleepout Kit will ensure you're prepared for every eventuality. The kit contains the basics you’ll need to spend a night outdoors, including your choice of outdoor clothing and equipment, supplied by Rohan and a selection of RSPB nature goodies.
We have one prize available to win. The prize comprises an Big Wild Sleepout Kit, including £500 to spend on Rohan outdoor gear and £100-worth of RSPB goodies.
For more details and to register to take part from 20 June 2017, visit rspb.org.uk/sleepout.
- We have one prize available to win. The prize is worth £600 and comprises a £500 Rohan gift voucher that can be used in any Rohan store or on the Rohan website. The winner will also receive £100-worth of RSPB nature goodies
- Please note: the prize image is a representation of how your Rohan voucher could be spent
- The closing date of the competition is 11.55am, Thursday 20 July, 2017
- Winners will be notified and prizes sent out after this date
The closing date for this competition is 11.55am, Thursday 20 July, 2017. Please note that this competition is open to UK residents only.
Please read our competition rules below before you enter.
Which of the following kingdoms does not exist in Tolkien's Middle-earth?
The answer is:
and the prize goes to…
Maggie Rawet of Merseyside
See here for Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is Immediate Media Company London Limited, Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London, W6 7BT.
2. The BBC Code of Conduct for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode/ and all BBC magazines and their associated websites comply with the Code.
3. The promotion is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands, aged 18 years or older, except the Promoter’s employees or contractors and anyone connected with the promotion or their direct family members.
4. The closing date for entries is noon on the date stated above.
5. Entries received after the closing date of the promotion will not be considered.
6. Only electronic form entries used within the competition section will be accepted. This does not include emails.
7. By entering the promotion, the participants agree:
o to be bound by these terms and conditions; and
o that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win a prize.
9. Only one entry will be permitted per person, regardless of method of entry. Bulk entries made by third parties will not be permitted.
10. The winning entrant(s) will be the first correct entry/entries drawn at random from all the correct entries after the closing date.
11. The Promoter’s decision as to the winner is final and no correspondence relating to the promotion will be entered.
12. The winner(s) will be notified within 28 days of the close of the promotion by email.
13. If the winner is unable to be contacted within 60 days of the promotion’s closing date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future promotion.
14. There is no cash alternative and the prize will not be transferable.
15. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value.
17. The name and county of residence of the winner(s) will be available online at gardenersworld.com/win/previous-winners within two months of the closing date of the promotion.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the promotion at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
19. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for lost, delayed or fraudulent entries.
20. The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
21. The promotion is subject to the laws of England.