The 23rd annual Orchids Festival at Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew runs from 10 February - 11 March, 2018. To celebrate this spectacular event, Kew has teamed up with The Travelling Naturalist to offer one lucky winner a seven-night botanical trip for two to Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand. The prize also includes two tickets to the Orchids Festival.
Thailand’s vibrant colours, culture and magnificent plant life will be the central theme of this year’s Orchids Festival. Inside the tropical paradise of the Princess of Wales Conservatory, visitors will get a chance to shake off the winter blues and get creative through a host of exciting new events and activities designed to appeal to all ages.
The Travelling Naturalist offers an exciting range of up-close tours of hundreds of destinations. Their seven-night tour of Northern Thailand is packed with highlights, including a visit to the colourful Chiang Mai Flower Festival.
We have one prize available to win, comprising a seven-night holiday in Northern Thailand for two, from The Travelling Naturalist – worth over £3,000. The prize includes return flights from the UK with Thai Airways, seven nights' accommodation from The Travelling Naturalist, meals, excursions and airport transfers within Thailand. The winner will also receive two tickets to the Orchids Festival at Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
For more information on The Travelling Naturalist range of over 100 other expert-led small group flora, botanical, butterflies and moths, dragonflies and wildlife photography tours to worldwide destinations, visit thetravellingnaturalist.com.
To find out more about the Orchids Festival at Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, visit kew.org.
- We have one prize available to win, worth over £3,000, from The Travelling Naturalist
- The prize is a seven-night holiday for two people to Chiang Mai, Thailand in February, 2019, flying with Thai Airways. The prize consists of a flight voucher provided by Thai Airways and a holiday package provided by The Travelling Naturalist (a brand of the Natural Travel Collection) and includes seven nights accommodation, all meals except dinner on day one and two, excursions, airport transfers to and from Bangkok International Airport and a tailor-made itinerary including excursion transfers
- The flights are from London Heathrow International Airport, Terminal 2 and to Bangkok International Airport, Suvarnabhumi. Winners are responsible for their own travel arrangements to and from London Heathrow
- The prize must be booked by Friday 1 June, 2018, for travel during February 2019 (no extensions of validity are permitted) and is subject to availability, restrictions and embargo periods
- Please note: the prize does not include travel insurance, the winners are advised to seek advice regarding health and inoculation from a Travel Clinic or GP and it is the responsibility of the winners to ensure a valid passport and visa (if applicable) are acquired in good time
- The closing date of the competition is 11:55am, Wednesday 28 February, 2018
- The winner will be notified and prize arranged after this date
The closing date for this competition is 11:55 am, Wednesday 28 February, 2018. Please note that this competition is open to UK residents only.
Please read our competition rules below before you enter.
Which of the following countries isn't in Southeast Asia?
You need to be logged in to enter this competition.
See here for Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is Immediate Media Company London Limited, Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London, W6 7BT.
2. The BBC Code of Conduct for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode/ and all BBC magazines and their associated websites comply with the Code.
3. The promotion is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands, aged 18 years or older, except the Promoter’s employees or contractors and anyone connected with the promotion or their direct family members.
4. The closing date for entries is 11:55 am on the date stated above.
5. Entries received after the closing date of the promotion will not be considered.
6. Only electronic form entries used within the competition section will be accepted. This does not include emails.
7. By entering the promotion, the participants agree:
o to be bound by these terms and conditions; and
o that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win a prize.
9. Only one entry will be permitted per person, regardless of method of entry. Bulk entries made by third parties will not be permitted.
10. The winning entrant(s) will be the first correct entry/entries drawn at random from all the correct entries after the closing date.
11. The Promoter’s decision as to the winner is final and no correspondence relating to the promotion will be entered.
12. The winner(s) will be notified within 28 days of the close of the promotion by email.
13. If the winner is unable to be contacted within 40 days of the promotion’s closing date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future promotion.
14. There is no cash alternative and the prize will not be transferable.
15. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value.
17. The winner’s name will be published on The Travelling Naturalist blog and through their social media profiles. The winner’s name and contact details will be provided to RBG Kew for the purpose of facilitating the promotion.
18. It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure that a valid passport and visa (if applicable) are acquired in good time.
19. Health and inoculation information is available from Travel Clinic and Local Health Centres/GPs. Travel insurance is not included, and should be arranged separately if required by the passenger. Extension of validity is not permitted. Tickets are not valid on TG code share flights operated by partner airlines or on THAI Smile (WE) flights. THAI will pay applicable Passenger Duty and applicable taxes.
20. The name and county of residence of the winner(s) will be available online on the closed competition page within two months of the closing date of the promotion.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the promotion at any stage, if deemed necessary in its sole and absolute opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its reasonable control, which includes any act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, terrorist attack, malicious damage, accident, breakdown of machinery or aircraft, fire, flood or storm.
22. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for lost, delayed or fraudulent entries.
23. The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of a prize. THAI Airways will not be liable for any expense incurring to the prize winner(s) in case of an off-loading of the prize winner(s) from the confirmed flights.
24. The promotion is subject to the laws of England.