A 'staycation' is one of the best ways to enjoy some of the finest sights the UK has to offer.
International hotelier DoubleTree by Hilton has supported the Woodland Trust since 2008, when it opened its first DoubleTree in Cambridge, helping to plant thousands of hectares of precious woodland. Now with 44 hotels in the UK, including Edinburgh, Liverpool, Cambridge and London, you're never far from a DoubleTree by Hilton hotel. Once you're settled in, enjoy all the woodland walks and nature reserves the area has to offer.
We have one prize available to win, comprising of a two-night stay for two at any DoubleTree by Hilton hotel in the UK, worth £350.
To find out more about the DoubleTree by Hilton hotels to stay at, visit doubletree3.hilton.com.
- We have one prize available to win. The prize is worth up to £350 and comprises of a two-night stay for two people at any DoubleTree by Hilton hotel within the UK
- The prize will be supplied in the form of two vouchers that must be redeemed before Saturday 30 September 2017 and presented on check-in
- Please note: the voucher only covers the cost of room and does not include breakfast, parking, evening meal or other additional costs
- Bookings must be made via telephone. Failure to present voucher, cancel a room booking or a no-show may result in the full room rate being charged
- The closing date of the competition is 11:55am, Thursday 15 June, 2017
- The winner will be notified and prizes sent out after this date
The closing date for this competition is 11:55am, Thursday 15 June, 2017. Please note that this competition is open to UK residents only.
Please read our competition rules below before you enter.
What percentage of the UK's land area is covered in woodland?
The answer is:
and the prize goes to…
MARGARET MULHOLLAND of STAFFS
See here for Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is Immediate Media Company London Limited, Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London, W6 7BT.
2. The BBC Code of Conduct for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode/ and all BBC magazines and their associated websites comply with the Code.
3. The promotion is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands, aged 18 years or older, except the Promoter’s employees or contractors and anyone connected with the promotion or their direct family members.
4. The closing date for entries is noon on the date stated above.
5. Entries received after the closing date of the promotion will not be considered.
6. Only electronic form entries used within the competition section will be accepted. This does not include emails.
7. By entering the promotion, the participants agree:
o to be bound by these terms and conditions; and
o that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win a prize.
9. Only one entry will be permitted per person, regardless of method of entry. Bulk entries made by third parties will not be permitted.
10. The winning entrant(s) will be the first correct entry/entries drawn at random from all the correct entries after the closing date.
11. The Promoter’s decision as to the winner is final and no correspondence relating to the promotion will be entered.
12. The winner(s) will be notified within 28 days of the close of the promotion by email.
13. If the winner is unable to be contacted within 60 days of the promotion’s closing date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future promotion.
14. There is no cash alternative and the prize will not be transferable.
15. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value.
17. The name and county of residence of the winner(s) will be available online at gardenersworld.com/win/previous-winners within two months of the closing date of the promotion.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the promotion at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
19. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for lost, delayed or fraudulent entries.
20. The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
21. The promotion is subject to the laws of England.