Little beats having some time off to recharge your batteries and relax, in beautiful and historic surroundings.
With a trip to Munich, you can explore one of the most important botanical gardens in the world, situated in the city’s leafy suburb of Nymphenburg. With over 52 acres, it features themed gardens, greenhouses and ponds. Don't miss the nearby 17th century Nymphenburg Palace, where you can visit the former bedroom of King Ludwig II and the impressive banquet hall. The surrounding classical English-style palace garden invites for a stroll. Elsewhere in the city you can visit the Frauenkirche, Hofgarten park and Ludwigstrasse, and with your CityTourCard, you're guaranteed free public transport as you travel between each beautiful location.
We have one prize available to win from the German National Tourist Office, comprising of a two night break for two in Munich, worth over £800.
For more information on the stunning building, parks and gardens in Munich, visit germany.travel.
- We have one prize available to win from the German National Tourist Office, comprising of a two night break for two in Munich, worth over £800
- The prize includes two return flights from the UK to Munich, two nights in a 3-star hotel in Munich (including breakfast), a Munich CityTourCard (valid for three days and two people) guaranteeing free use of public transport, two entrance tickets to the Botanical Gardens and two entrance tickets to the Nymphenburg Palace
- The trip can be taken any weekend in 2018 (subject to availability)
- Please note: names on flight tickets cannot be changed once booked
- The closing date of the competition is 11:55am, Thursday 23 November, 2017
- The winners will be notified and prizes sent out after this date
The closing date for this competition is 11:55 am, Thursday 23 November, 2017. Please note that this competition is open to UK residents only.
Please read our competition rules below before you enter.
Which river runs through Munich?
The answer is:
and the prize goes to…
Rodney Thompson of DOWN
See here for Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is Immediate Media Company London Limited, Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London, W6 7BT.
2. The BBC Code of Conduct for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode/ and all BBC magazines and their associated websites comply with the Code.
3. The promotion is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands, aged 18 years or older, except the Promoter’s employees or contractors and anyone connected with the promotion or their direct family members.
4. The closing date for entries is noon on the date stated above.
5. Entries received after the closing date of the promotion will not be considered.
6. Only electronic form entries used within the competition section will be accepted. This does not include emails.
7. By entering the promotion, the participants agree:
o to be bound by these terms and conditions; and
o that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win a prize.
9. Only one entry will be permitted per person, regardless of method of entry. Bulk entries made by third parties will not be permitted.
10. The winning entrant(s) will be the first correct entry/entries drawn at random from all the correct entries after the closing date.
11. The Promoter’s decision as to the winner is final and no correspondence relating to the promotion will be entered.
12. The winner(s) will be notified within 28 days of the close of the promotion by email.
13. If the winner is unable to be contacted within 60 days of the promotion’s closing date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future promotion.
14. There is no cash alternative and the prize will not be transferable.
15. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value.
17. The name and county of residence of the winner(s) will be available online on the closed competition page within two months of the closing date of the promotion.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the promotion at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
19. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for lost, delayed or fraudulent entries.
20. The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
21. The promotion is subject to the laws of England.