Colourful koi carp in a garden pond or pool can look beautiful, so it's well worth ensuring their health and longevity with the right food.
The JBL ProPond one year koi nutrition package includes four bags of koi feed, one for each season, each containing varying levels of protein and fat. In winter, when koi are hibernating and less active, feed with the winter bag, which contains less protein. As temperatures rise, switch to the high protein spring and summer foods, which help support increased physical activity at higher temperatures. To help keep the pellets fresh, they're contained within a resealable bag.
We have five prizes available to win, each comprising a year's supply of ProPond koi fish food, worth £123.80, from JBL.
For more information on JBL ProPond food, plus a range of terrarium, aquarium and pond accessories, visit jbl.de.
- We have five prizes available to win. Each prize is worth £123.80 and comprises the following: one JBL ProPond Spring Food (2.1kg bag), one JBL ProPond Summer Food (2kg bag), one JBL ProPond Autumn Food (3kg), one JBL ProPond Winter Food (1.8kg) and one JBL Pond Handbook
- The food pellets are suitable for medium-sized koi (35-55cm in length)
- The closing date of the competition is noon, Thursday 27 April, 2017
- Winners will be notified and prizes sent out after this date
The closing date for this competition is noon, Thursday 27 April, 2017. Please note that this competition is open to UK residents only.
Please read our competition rules below before you enter.
What's the Latin name for the common or European carp?
You need to be logged in to enter this competition.
See here for Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is Immediate Media Company London Limited, Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London, W6 7BT.
2. The BBC Code of Conduct for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode/ and all BBC magazines and their associated websites comply with the Code.
3. The promotion is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands, aged 18 years or older, except the Promoter’s employees or contractors and anyone connected with the promotion or their direct family members.
4. The closing date for entries is noon on the date stated above.
5. Entries received after the closing date of the promotion will not be considered.
6. Only electronic form entries used within the competition section will be accepted. This does not include emails.
7. By entering the promotion, the participants agree:
o to be bound by these terms and conditions; and
o that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win a prize.
9. Only one entry will be permitted per person, regardless of method of entry. Bulk entries made by third parties will not be permitted.
10. The winning entrant(s) will be the first correct entry/entries drawn at random from all the correct entries after the closing date.
11. The Promoter’s decision as to the winner is final and no correspondence relating to the promotion will be entered.
12. The winner(s) will be notified within 28 days of the close of the promotion by email.
13. If the winner is unable to be contacted within 60 days of the promotion’s closing date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future promotion.
14. There is no cash alternative and the prize will not be transferable.
15. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value.
17. The name and county of residence of the winner(s) will be available online at gardenersworld.com/win/previous-winners within two months of the closing date of the promotion.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the promotion at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
19. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for lost, delayed or fraudulent entries.
20. The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
21. The promotion is subject to the laws of England.