With spring on the horizon, it's the perfect time to get inspired for the year ahead with a good book or two.
Garden Flora by Noel Kingsbury (£29.95) is an exploration of the natural and cultural history of over 100 of the most commonly grown plants; uncovering the origins of each plant and its journey to reach our gardens.
Plant Craft by Caitlin Atkinson (£17.99) is a beautiful guide featuring 30 step-by-step projects inspired by the natural world and made out of live plants, cut flowers, and foraged pieces of nature.
Hidden Histories: Herbs by Kim Hurst (£14.99) is an exploration of the history and cultural significance of 150 popular herbs; including beliefs and folklore surrounding them, and showing how they can still be useful today.
Seeing Flowers: Trees by Teri Dunn Chace (£20). Photographs by Robert Llewellyn. A visual feast of 343 popular garden flowers with Robert Llewellyn’s stunning close-up photography.
The Speedy Vegetable Garden by Mark Diacono and Lia Leendertz (£14.99) is a fun guide highlights 50 quick crops, with
complete information on how to sow, grow, and harvest. Also includes over 50
We have four sets of five books to give away, each worth £97.92.
To find out more about these books and many more, visit timberpress.com.
- We have four sets of five books to give away. Each is worth £97.92 and comprises: Plant Craft by Caitlin Atkinson (£17.99); Garden Flora by Noel Kingsbury (£29.95); Hidden Histories: Herbs by Kim Hurst (£14.99), Seeing Flowers: Trees by Teri Dunn Chace (£20) and The Speedy Vegetable Garden by Mark Diacono & Lia Leendertz (£14.99)
- The closing date of the competition is 11:55am, Friday 27 January, 2017
- Winners will be notified and prizes sent out after this date
The closing date for this competition is 11:55am, Friday 27 January, 2017. Please note that this competition is open to UK residents only.
Please read our competition rules below before you enter.
Which of the following is not a disease affecting trees?
The answer is:
and the prize goes to…
Mary Calleja of Bucks
Dean Dewis of warwickshire
Brenda Richards of Somerset
Steve Risbec of Lancashire
See here for Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is Immediate Media Company London Limited, Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London, W6 7BT.
2. The BBC Code of Conduct for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode/ and all BBC magazines and their associated websites comply with the Code.
3. The promotion is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands, aged 18 years or older, except the Promoter’s employees or contractors and anyone connected with the promotion or their direct family members.
4. The closing date for entries is noon on the date stated above.
5. Entries received after the closing date of the promotion will not be considered.
6. Only electronic form entries used within the competition section will be accepted. This does not include emails.
7. By entering the promotion, the participants agree:
o to be bound by these terms and conditions; and
o that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win a prize.
9. Only one entry will be permitted per person, regardless of method of entry. Bulk entries made by third parties will not be permitted.
10. The winning entrant(s) will be the first correct entry/entries drawn at random from all the correct entries after the closing date.
11. The Promoter’s decision as to the winner is final and no correspondence relating to the promotion will be entered.
12. The winner(s) will be notified within 28 days of the close of the promotion by email.
13. If the winner is unable to be contacted within 60 days of the promotion’s closing date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future promotion.
14. There is no cash alternative and the prize will not be transferable.
15. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value.
17. The name and county of residence of the winner(s) will be available online at gardenersworld.com/win/previous-winners within two months of the closing date of the promotion.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the promotion at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
19. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for lost, delayed or fraudulent entries.
20. The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
21. The promotion is subject to the laws of England.