These gardens reflect the changing times of the estate, and the tastes of its many previous owners. The Italianate garden is the earliest surviving example of its kind in the UK, distilling the essence of classical Italy with an English touch. The stumpery adds a dash of Victorian mystery, with ferns nestling among the gnarled roots.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Ickworth
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- NB Don’t use postcode in sat nav – follow brown signs on A143. Card not valid on weekends between 25 Jul-30 Aug, or on bank hols or event days – phone or see website for details
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- Booking is not required on weekdays, but recommended for weekends to guarantee entry. Purchase 1 ticket online for 2 persons admission
- Ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card on arrival to validate your booking
Open all year, daily, 10am-4.30pm
Adults & seniors £11, children (5-18) £5.50. Reduced rates in winter. Booking advisable – walk-up may also be available