This 18th-century garden is a rarity not to be missed, with elegant sweeping lawns, mature trees, intersecting streams and pools, terraces and unexpected vistas. The many fine trees and shrubs include magnolias, fragrant roses, palisades of limes and a yew tunnel.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Melbourne Hall Gardens
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Card not valid in Aug or on charity days – see website for details
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- Purchase 1 Gardeners' World ticket online for 2 persons admission
- Ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card on arrival to validate your booking
Open 20 Mar-31 Oct, Wed, Sat, Sun & bank hol Mon (Tue-Sun in Aug), 1-5pm
Adults £6, seniors & children (5-15) £5. Booking advisable – walk-up may also be available