The 12 acres of gardens are filled with a wide range of flowers, shrubs and trees. The spectacular 400-year-old ‘elephant hedge’ – rounded, undulating and neatly clipped – divides the formal 17th-century terraced gardens, while a circular castellated yew hedge encloses a formal rose garden. Beyond is a series of garden rooms with deep borders of perennials and shrubs.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Rockingham Castle
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Card not valid on 4 & 5 Apr, 20 Jun, 17 & 18 Jul, 25 & 26 Sep & other event days – see website
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- Purchase 1 adult ticket and 1 Gardeners' World ticket online
- Ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card on arrival to validate your booking
Open 4 Apr-26 Sep, Sun & bank hols, plus Tue in Jul-Aug, 12 noon-5pm
Adults £7.50, seniors £6.50, children (4-16) £3.50. Booking essential – see website