Created in the 1800s, this formal Italianate garden is laid out on seven terraces overlooking Bantry Bay. Its highlights include rhododendrons, exotic plantings and a formal parterre with central fountain surrounded by wisteria. If you’re feeling energetic, take the hundred steps stone staircase up to the woodland. The north terraces, set with 14 circular beds, provide magnificent views across the bay.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Bantry House Garden
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Single visitor discount: 10%
- NB Garden occasionally closes for private events – phone or check Facebook or Instagram. Card not valid on event days – phone or see website for details
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- 2-for-1 tickets can be bought on the day from the Kiosk or tearoom
- Ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card on your visiting day
Open 4 Apr-31 Oct, daily, 10am-5pm
Adults & seniors €6, under-16s free. Booking may be required – see website