Lovingly restored over the last 15 years, these two-acre walled gardens and woodland are full of beautiful plants, complemented by features made from salvaged or recycled materials. These include an Oriental-style fern folly, glasshouse and 30m-long rill lined with Japanese irises. There is plenty to enjoy across the seasons, with 300 varieties of snowdrops in February, followed by heritage daffodils and tulips. In summer, roses, peonies, clematis and many unusual perennials fill the borders, while a bounty of fruits start to ripen, including quinces, medlars and grapes.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Bellefield Gardens
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Single visitor discount: 25%
- Card not valid for plant fairs - phone or see website for details
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- We are sorry to announce that Angela Jupe, the garden owner, suddenly passed away on 04th May. The garden will be closed until further notice. For more information, please visit the garden website.
Open 1 Apr-26 Sep, Tue- Sun, 11am-5pm, plus selected days in Feb/Mar – see website
Adults & seniors €6, children (12-16) €3. Booking may be required – see website