Set in 80 acres of grounds beside the river Tweed, the gardens include an Edwardian-style herbaceous border, flowering shrubs, fine trees and a well garden with vibrant candelabra primulas. The grounds offer woodland trails and a tranquil riverside walk with lots of wildlife to spot along the way, including roe deer, mute swans, otters and even occasional seals in the river.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Paxton House Grounds & Gardens
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Single visitor discount: 10%
- Card not valid on event days – phone or see website for details
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- 2-for-1 tickets can only be purchase on site from the shop
- Ensure you take your 2-for-1 card on your visiting day
Open 1 May-31 Oct, daily, 10am-5pm
Adults & seniors £5, under-16s free. Booking advisable – walk-up may also be available