The twin herbaceous broadwalk borders overflow with colourful perennials, inspired by the style of Gertrude Jekyll. In the kitchen garden, box-edged beds feature cut flowers, traditional and unusual ornamental vegetables and fruit. The Queen Mother’s garden offers a tranquil blend of still water and architectural splendour, while the woodland walk and wildflower meadow provide a relaxed natural setting.
Due to ongoing rule changes in response to the coronavirus pandemic, public gardens may experience unforeseen restrictions and opening hours. To avoid disappointment we advise you contact gardens directly before visiting. Please see the individual garden’s website. If you can’t find the information you require, please call the garden directly. You’ll find website links and telephone numbers on the individual garden pages in this online directory
Some gardens require you to pre-book your tickets before visiting the garden. If this applies to a garden you’re planning to visit, please ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card with you to validate your booking.
Using your 2-for-1 card at Walmer Castle & Gardens
- One free entry with one full-paying adult
- Use discount code GARDENERS21
- Card valid for the whole property. Card not valid in school hols or on event days – phone or see website
- Before setting off check the garden’s website or call direct, as opening details can vary and one-off restrictions may apply
- To book tickets online, select your date and time, enter the discount code above and purchase two 241 adult tickets. Please check card not valid dates above
- Ensure you take your 2-for-1 Card on arrival to validate your booking
Open all year – days & times vary (see website for details)
Adults £13.90, seniors £12.50, children (5-15) £8.40. Booking essential – see website